I’m sorry but this “hack” currently doesn’t work 🙁
I tried to watch Netflix on Ubuntu using Chromium, but when i clicked on a movie, i just ended up on an error page.
I figured out that the problem was the user-agent header, the browser told Netflix, that i was using Chromium and then Netflix thinks the browser doesn’t work and redirects to the error page.
To fix the problem you need to install an extension to Chromium named “Modify Headers for Google Chrome”, You can install it from here.
Once installed click on the head with the gears in the top right corner.
Then click on the blue plus in the corner and set the following values.
Value: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.111 Safari/537.36
Now click on the green save button, then click on the red power button, then the green play button in the top left corner, now it should look like this:
Now go to Netflix and have fun!